1/11/16

Cured Kitchen

I accidentally deleted a bunch of these photos. sorry!





Phew. That was quite the effort but I hauled ass and have the spiffiest kitchen to prove it. Let's see the madness!

See this post for all the exterior cleaning I had done a few weeks ago. 

I started with the junk drawer. I forgot to take a picture before I dumped it all out. But here are the contents! Ready for sorting. In here I discovered a fancy drill bit that R was happy to see. Lots of hooks and hair elastics. A video store card that was my dads from probably 25 years ago


Below is the drawer with all its organizers in it. All these are all containers I found throughout the house. Nothing was purchased for this organizational cleaning frenzy.

I then moved on to my utensils. I really do love kitchen things and end up getting many as gifts. No complaints though, I love them, just maybe too much. I have quite a few spatulas and whisks, but I am not willing to get rid of many of those, I use them all so much.

I did manage to purge a few things. I also found a nice little pairing knife that I got from my mom, in the back of a drawer that I hadn't used in forever. So I sharpened it up and oiled the handle. These are all the things I don't use, see I'm down one spatula and two whisks even!

Annnnd since I had the oil out I had to oil the rest of the wood things.

Then I decided to pull nearly everything out of the cabinets and start sorting and cleaning and purging. Man oh man that felt good. I got rid of a big pile of containers I haven't used in years. I'll have lots for the donation pile come spring for sure.

The contents of most of my cupboards and drawers! I keep the plastic containers in those two damask containers. Lids in one, containers in the other. It works pretty well, as long as I have plenty of containers in use elsewhere, otherwise it overflows!

Then I did under the sink. Pulled it all out and cleaned and got rid of all the bottles with a teaspoon left in each, or that were empty. Why I was keeping them I have no idea.

I had used Ikea place mats as shelf liners when we moved in. I only had four :(They don't have these ones anymore.

I put it all back together and rearranged a few things, so you wanna take a peek inside my tidy drawers??? ;)
Above is my hand mixer, mandolin, Kitchen Aid Immersion blender cup and chopper. Ikea cheese grater/container and my Fasta Pasta. My mom gave me the Fasta Pasta some years ago from Christmas and I LOVE IT. Use it all the time. Probably too much since I don't need to eat as much pasta as I do. Whatever. CARBS!
 
Below is the glass containers that I use for lunches and some leftovers. The square ones are from Ikea and the round ones are Anchor. They are now right next to the stove and very convenient.

The overflow utensil drawer! Stuff that I don't use as often and doesn't fit in the pot on the counter. 

Measuring tools and some other stuff. When you count calories, like I was, having lots of measuring tools is super important. I love the sets of stainless cups from Lee Valley. Digital thermometer, another cheese grater (Yes we have 3 graters that live in 3 different locations, based on frequency of use! Plus a micro-plane in the drawer above)

Knives. So many knives. I have a decent chefs knife that I picked up on sale for 40 bucks from Superstore one day and although it has a slight dent in the blade, that I am slowly sharpening away, it works well. We got the colorful set for Christmas from R's grandparents, and they are bright and colorful and having the covers make them handy to take camping or to friends houses who have questionable cutting devices. I have a collection of serrated "commercial" knives that I acquired while working for a sandwich shop many years ago. They are still sharp and are the best best things for slicing tomatoes.

Pretty self explanatory ;)

Can't ever have too many dish towels. One day when I'm rich, I will have a drawer of totally matching ones! It will be awesome.

Cutlery, bag clips and bottle openers. The containers I found at Superstore fit totally perfectly width-wise but were a tad short in the back, so I crammed some cardboard in the back to keep them from sliding around when I have to slam the old and shitty drawer shut!

More junk drawer, because it doesn't look like a junk drawer at all!

 And now inside my cabinets!!

 Pots and pans. I kept my original pressure cooker after I got my instant pot, just for the fact that it's a big ass pot. And sometimes you need a few big ass pots. Also, the fourth burner pot that I bought on a whim, and don't really use all that much, but am not quite willing to part with it yet. And our indoor grill.


Plastic things and an ice cream maker.

Under the sea.... sink.

Baking things, Salad spinner and party bowls. Gravy separator.

 Tada! Organized, purged and clean. Loving it... Now just to KEEP it this way! Hahahahaha yeah right...


No comments:

Post a Comment